The Pines Guide Site
The Pines is a Guide camp site in the south of Brentwood, at the junction of The Avenue and Ingrave Road.
The site covers 1.5 acres of grass with mature trees. There is a central campfire area with wooden benches. Altar fireplaces and firewood are available on site. There is solid shelter consisting of a hut approx 8m x 5m with carpeted floor, tables and chairs. A separate small kitchen has a fridge, freezer, kettle, electric cooker, urn and a microwave and there are two flush toilets.The site is available for camps, unit meetings and campfires.
Fees for 2021 are:
Overnight camping: £4 per person per 24 hours
Daytime use (up to 8hours): £2 per person
Evening or short-use (up to 3 hours): 75p per person.
Minimum charge £15.
To Book – contact Tracy email@example.com
We now have a 36 square metre marquee at The pines so you have somewhere to shelter if it rains!
Thank you to the parents from 7th Hutton Brownies who helped put it up.
Our badges are available to purchase from County Office @ £1 each.
Can you help?
We are looking for more volunteers to join the team managing The Pines Guide Site to keep this facility going for the next generation of girls. Are you interested in conservation, property management, trees and shrubs, gardening, or just general maintenance? It is not time consuming and will be less so if we get a bigger team. Everybody welcome but if you have a particular interest we need:
- Someone to take the bookings, collect fees and send out receipts (and get first dibs in booking in their own unit!!);
- Someone to do the accounts and pay the bills;
- People interested in managing the grounds,
- People interested in managing the buildings, possibly even project-managing a replacement building. The site is in a conservation area and the wall is part of the original curtilage wall of Thorndon Park.
- Anyone who is handy with electrics, plumbing or DIY.
- We would also like people interested in running events once we are allowed to again. In the past we have had a May Fair and outdoor cooking competitions, we would like to offer the opportunity for Guides to do their Backwoods Cooking badge and their Guide or Ranger Camp permits.
Please get in touch. We’d love to hear from you!
How to find us
We are in The Avenue, Brentwood, Essex CM13 2AD. Please note this postcode takes you to the wrong side of The Avenue (i.e. just across the road from the campsite).