The Pines – Help needed!
Can you help?
We are looking for more volunteers to join the team managing The Pines Guide Site to keep this facility going for the next generation of girls. Are you interested in conservation, property management, trees and shrubs, gardening, or just general maintenance? It is not time consuming and will be less so if we get a bigger team. Everybody welcome but if you have a particular interest we need:
- Someone to take the bookings, collect fees and send out receipts (and get first dibs in booking in their own unit!!);
- Someone to do the accounts and pay the bills;
- People interested in managing the grounds,
- People interested in managing the buildings, possibly even project-managing a replacement building. The site is in a conservation area and the wall is part of the original curtilage wall of Thorndon Park.
- Anyone who is handy with electrics, plumbing or DIY.
- We would also like people interested in running events once we are allowed to again. In the past we have had a May Fair and outdoor cooking competitions, we would like to offer the opportunity for Guides to do their Backwoods Cooking badge and their Guide or Ranger Camp permits.
Please get in touch. We’d love to hear from you!